Thursday 18 August 2011

Spelling. Learn to do it.

This week I have done a MAJOR purge of my facebook friends.
The victims:
-PpL Hu TyPe LiKe tHIs
-0r l!k3 d!s
-nd ppl who lve mst of d lettrs out
-the people who seem to think the world is interested in their EVERY movement (** is eating a sandwich. ** is watching tv. ** is on the train. Oh My Fucking God.)
-those whose status updates are an emotional rollercoaster, and whose moodswings give me whiplash.

Now if there's ONE thing I am pedantic about, it is spelling and punctuation. It's not rocket science, but if done wrong, it comes across as if you are illiterate. And I'm not talking about the occasional typo. I'm talking about the people who have no idea that your and you're are different words entirely. Please people, for the sake of humanity, PLEASE take ten minutes out of your thrilling days of trolling facebook, eating sandwiches and watching TV to learn this shit. It will make you seem less fucking dumb smarter.


3 comments:

  1. So true! I always have to hold myself back from correcting people. Especially with the you're/your fiasco. However, I do still have difficulty remembering whether I'm meant to use accept or except. So if you can find something that could swear it out of me, that'd be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accept your challenge, but I do think that there are no exceptions to the grammar-world. It's fucking easy, mmmkay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I don't "lyk 2 type lyk dis" ;)

    ReplyDelete